As our digital world continues to evolve, so do our smartphones. Gone are the days of physically swapping SIM cards to change carriers or data plans. With eSIMs (embedded SIMs), your device can seamlessly switch between mobile carriers and data plans with just a few taps. However, the first step on this eSIM journey is to determine if your device is compatible.
At SimCorner, we offer an extensive array of eSIM options, including eSIMs for the USA, Europe, Asia, and Japan. To help you get started, we've curated a comprehensive list of eSIM-supported phones from various manufacturers. Let's explore this list to see if your device makes the cut!
Apple iPhones with eSIM
iPhone 15. Source: Apple official site
Apple has been at the forefront of eSIM support, making many of its iPhone models eSIM-compatible. Check out the list of iPhones that support eSIM:
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2020)
- iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 Mini
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2022)
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 15
- iPhone 15 Plus
- iPhone 15 Pro
- iPhone 15 Pro Max
- On newer iPhone models, you can activate two eSIMs simultaneously.
- iPhones from mainland China and iPhone devices from Hong Kong and Macao (except for iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone SE 2020, and iPhone XS) don’t have eSIM capability.
- iPhone 14 and newer (USA models) do not contain a physical SIM card slot.
iPads with eSIM
iPad series. Source: Apple official site
eSIM technology isn't limited to iPhones; iPads also offer eSIM support, enhancing their versatility for on-the-go connectivity. Here are the iPad models with eSIM support, specifically for 4G connectivity:
- iPad Pro 11" (model A2068, from 2020)
- iPad Pro 12.9" (model A2069, from 2020)
- iPad Air (model A2123, from 2019)
- iPad (model A2198, from 2019)
- iPad Mini (model A2124, from 2019)
- iPad 10th generation (model 2022)
If you own one of these iPads, you can enjoy the benefits of eSIM technology for a seamless and flexible mobile experience.
Samsung Phones with eSIM
Samsung series. Source: Samsung official site
Samsung, a prominent smartphone manufacturer, has also embraced eSIM technology. Check out this list of Samsung phones that support eSIM:
- Samsung Galaxy A54 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20
- Samsung Galaxy S20+
- Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S22
- Samsung Galaxy S22+
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S23
- Samsung Galaxy S23+
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Fold
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold5 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 5G
The following Samsung devices are not compatible with eSIM:
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 4G/5G
- Samsung S20/S21 (US versions)
- Galaxy Z Flip 5G (US versions)
- Samsung Note 20 Ultra (Versions from the US and Hong Kong)
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 (Versions from the US and Hong Kong)
Google Phones with eSIM
Google Pixel. Source: Google official site
Google Pixel phones are known for their pure Android experience, and many of them support eSIM technology. Here's a list of Google Pixel phones with eSIM compatibility:
- Google Pixel 2 (only phones bought with Google Fi service)
- Google Pixel 2 XL
- Google Pixel 3 (excluding phones bought in Australia, Taiwan, or Japan, and those bought with US or Canadian carriers other than Spring and Google Fi)
- Google Pixel 3 XL
- Google Pixel 3a (excluding phones bought in Japan or with Verizon service)
- Google Pixel 3a XL
- Google Pixel 4
- Google Pixel 4a
- Google Pixel 4 XL
- Google Pixel 5
- Google Pixel 5a
- Google Pixel 6
- Google Pixel 6a
- Google Pixel 6 Pro
- Google Pixel 7
- Google Pixel 7 Pro
- Google Pixel 8
- Google Pixel 8 Pro
- Google Pixel Fold
Be aware of regional restrictions. Google Pixel 3 devices from Australia, Japan, and Taiwan are not compatible with eSIM. Additionally, Google Pixel 3a from Southeast Asia is not compatible with eSIM.
Oppo Phones with eSIM
Oppo is known for its innovative smartphone designs, and some of its models support eSIM. Check out the following Oppo phones with eSIM compatibility:
- Oppo Find X3 Pro
- Find N2 Flip
- Oppo Reno 5A
- Oppo Reno 6 Pro 5G
- Oppo Find X5
- Oppo Find X5 Pro
- Oppo A55s 5G
Please note that the OPPO Lite line does not support eSIM.
Sony Phones with eSIM
Sony Xperia. Source: Sony official site
Sony Xperia phones have also joined the eSIM party. Check out these Sony phones with eSIM support:
- Sony Xperia 10 IV
- Xperia 10V
- Xperia 1 IV
- Sony Xperia 5 IV
- Sony Xperia 1 V
- Sony Xperia Ace III
Xiaomi Phones with eSIM
Xiaomi 13T Pro. Source: MI Xiaomi official site
Xiaomi is known for its feature-packed smartphones, and some of them support eSIM technology. Here's a list of Xiaomi phones with eSIM compatibility:
- Xiaomi 12T Pro
- Xiaomi 13
- Xiaomi 13 Lite
- Xiaomi 13 Pro
- Xiaomi 13T Pro
Motorola Phones with eSIM
Motorola has been a trusted name in the world of mobile phones, and they've adopted eSIM technology in some of their models. Check out these Motorola phones with eSIM support:
- Motorola Razr 2019
- Motorola Razr 5G
- Motorola Razr 40
- Motorola Razr 40 Ultra
- Motorola Razr+
- Motorola Edge+
- Motorola Edge 40 Pro
- Motorola G52J 5G
- Motorola G52J 5G Ⅱ
- Motorola G53J 5G
Sharp Phones Compatible with eSIM
Sharp AQUOS. Source: Sharp official site
Sharp, known for its cutting-edge technology, also has some eSIM-compatible phones in its lineup:
- Sharp AQUOS sense4 lite
- Sharp AQUOS Sense6s
- AQUOS sense 7
- AQUOS sense 7plus
- Sharp AQUOS Wish
- AQUOS wish 2 SHG08
- AQUOS wish3
- AQUOS zero 6
- Simple Sumaho6
- Sharp AQUOS R7
- Sharp AQUOS R8
- Sharp AQUOS R8 Pro
Other eSIM-Compatible Devices
But wait, there's more! It's not just smartphones; other devices also support eSIM technology. Here's a list of additional eSIM-compatible devices:
- Gemini PDA
- Rakuten Mini
- Rakuten Big-S
- Rakuten Big
- Rakuten Hand
- Rakuten Hand 5G
- Surface Pro X
- Honor Magic 4 Pro
- Honor Magic 5 Pro
- Honor 90
- Fairphone 4
- DOOGEE V30
- OnePlus 11
- HAMMER Blade 3
- HAMMER Explorer PRO
- HAMMER Blade 5G
- Nokia XR21
- Nokia X30
- Nokia G60 5G
- myPhone NOW eSIM
- Vivo X90 Pro
- Vivo V29 Lite 5G (eSIM Supported only in Europe)
With this extensive list, you can quickly check if your device is eSIM-compatible. Whether you're using a smartphone, tablet, or other connected devices, eSIM technology offers flexibility and convenience for managing your mobile connections.
Is My Phone Unlocked to Use eSIM?
Before you can use an eSIM profile, there's one crucial factor to consider: Is your phone unlocked? Regardless of the phone you have, it must be unlocked from carrier restrictions to use eSIM. Here's how you can check:
1. Check with Your Carrier: Contact your current mobile carrier and ask if your phone is unlocked. They can provide information on the status of your device.
2. Insert a New SIM Card: If you have access to a different SIM card from another carrier, insert it into your phone. If your phone recognizes the new SIM card and connects to the network, it's likely unlocked.
3. Online Resources: Several online tools and websites can help you check your phone's unlock status. These services may require your phone's IMEI number, which you can find in your device settings or by dialing *#06#.
Once you confirm that your phone is unlocked, you're ready to enjoy the benefits of eSIM technology. Unlocked phones can use eSIMs from various providers, allowing you to choose the best plan for your needs.
With eSIMs becoming more prevalent, online stores like SimCorner offer eSIM options for the USA, Europe/UK, Asia, and other popular destinations. This means you can easily access eSIMs for international travel and stay connected wherever you go.
Frequently Asked Questions About eSIM-Compatible Phones
Now that you're well-versed in eSIM technology and compatibility, let's address some common questions:
What is an eSIM?
- An eSIM, or embedded SIM, is a digital SIM card embedded directly into a device's hardware. It allows users to switch between mobile carriers and data plans without the need for a physical SIM card.
Can I use an eSIM with my current phone?
- To use an eSIM, your phone must support the technology. Check our comprehensive list above to see if your device is eSIM-compatible.
How do I activate an eSIM?
- The process of activating an eSIM varies by carrier and device. Typically, you can activate it through your device's settings or by scanning a QR code provided by your carrier.
Can I have multiple eSIMs on one device?
- Some devices, like certain iPhone models, support multiple eSIM profiles, allowing you to use two eSIMs simultaneously.
Is my phone unlocked for eSIM use?
- Check with your carrier or use online resources to verify if your phone is unlocked and can use eSIMs from different carriers.
Can I use an eSIM for international travel?
- Yes, eSIMs are excellent for international travel, as you can easily switch to a local carrier's plan without needing a physical SIM card.
What are the advantages of using an eSIM?
- eSIMs offer flexibility and convenience. They allow you to switch carriers and plans easily, especially when traveling. Additionally, they eliminate the need for a physical SIM card.
Can I switch back to a physical SIM card if I use an eSIM?
- Yes, you can switch back to a physical SIM card if your phone supports both eSIM and physical SIM card slots. This is useful if you want to use different SIM cards for various purposes.
Are eSIMs more secure than physical SIM cards?
- eSIMs provide security benefits such as remote activation and deactivation, reducing the risk of physical SIM card theft or misuse.
eSIM technology continues to evolve and become more widely supported, offering users greater flexibility and convenience in managing their mobile connections. If your device is eSIM-compatible, consider exploring the benefits of this digital SIM card technology for your mobile connectivity needs.
Now that you know which phones support eSIM technology, you can make an informed choice and enjoy the flexibility and convenience it offers. Stay connected, whether you're at home or traveling abroad, with eSIMs from SimCorner.